Alaska’s favorite fishing lodge “Togiak River Lodge” opens and welcomes it’s first clients of the new 2014 Alaska salmon fishing season.
Typically at the beginning of the king salmon season there are some strong initial runs with some nice big fish that seem to have some added fight to them.
We are excited about the positive 2014 Alaska fishing forecast for our region and the success the Togiak River always brings our guest. – Larry Lund, Owner
Alaska Salmon Fishing Season 2014 – Regulations
- Season: May 1-July 31.
- 20 inches or longer, annual limit of 5 fish: Annual limit of 5 king salmon 20 inches or longer in Bristol Bay salt and fresh waters.
- Fresh waters:
- King salmon removed from the water must be retained: Any king salmon removed from freshwater drainages of Bristol Bay from Cape Menshikof to Cape Newenham MUST BE RETAINED and becomes part of the bag limit of the person originally hooking it. A person who intends to release a king salmon may not remove it from the water before releasing it.
- 20 inches or longer—3 per day, 3 in possession, only 1 of which may be 28 inches or longer.
- less than 20 inches—10 per day, 10 in possession.
- 5 per day, 5 in possession.