- Fish Packing
- Fishing Gear Provided
- Fishing License (fee)
- Food Included
- Free WiFi
- Guided Fishing
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Room Services
7 Day ALASKA rainbow trout FISHING TRIPS – $6,650
Rainbow Trout Fishing in Alaska is a true joy on the Togiak River. We catch beautiful rainbow trout throughout the entire season of June through September. The fish range in size up to 30+ inches with the best fishing times for bigger fish caught being August and September.
In the early season of June and July rainbows can be caught on dry-flies and top-water presentations but the most effective methods for most of the year include flesh patterns, beads, fry patterns, and baits. When available, night-crawlers have been known to be amazingly effective.
You will have virtually no other pressure on these beautiful rainbow trout as the Togiak River gets very little fishing pressure to begin with due to it’s extreme remote location and the fact that the Togiak River Lodge is the only fishing lodge on the river. There is just something about Alaska Rainbow Trout Fishing that make’s it a pinnacle species to fish for.
While Alaska fishing regulations state that you can retain 2 trout per day, we practice catch and release on all rainbow trout to ensure a very strong fishery and lots of action for other fishermen. This also helps to provide opportunities at Alaska Rainbow Trout up to 10+ pounds.
Fly or Gear, Togiak River Rainbow Trout fishing is one of those forgotten jewels of Alaska. Primarily because the King and Silver salmon fishing is so extraordinarily amazing, the Rainbow Trout fishing often gets overlooked. As salmon fishermen accidentally caught trophy rainbow trout over the years, the fishery has slowly began developing, but primarily just for Togiak Lodge guest as non one else seems to realize what is here.
Each cabin comes equipped with a Sink, Shower, Toilet, beds and fresh bedding washed daily per your request. Choice of king or twin beds. Power is available to plugin your personal devices. For those with breathing or other medical devices, additional generators are available to ensure power throughout the night. Guests enjoy breakfasts cooked to order and hearty shore lunches can be prepared on the river, if you wish. After a full day of fishing, the comforts of the Togiak River Lodge will be a welcome respite.
Relax in our lounge, enjoy refreshments before dinner, then join us for delicious
four-course “family style” dining. After dinner, enjoy a movie, camaraderie, or
relax and dream of tomorrow’s angling opportunities.
TRIP FEATURES INCLUDED
- All Meals and Snacks Provided (We take pride in serving quality food, and plenty of it).
- Daily housekeeping service for your cabin with full turndown available upon request.
- Daily, 8 hr. Fully-Guided Fishing in a stable flat-bottom boat with Licenses guides with First-Aid Training
- All fishing gear and bait provided
- Cleaning, Packaging, and Identification of YOUR catch of fish for your travel home.
- Fish Smoking service using our famous recipe for a portion of your catch included.
- WiFi Internet Service in the main lodge.
- Satellite Television in the main lodge.
- Large HotTub on deck overlooking river.
- Sauna for relaxing those tired muscles.
Of course fishing from the river bank at the lodge is always allowed, so if you are still needing to fish more after dinner, there gear and fish are waiting for you!
WHAT TO BRING
- Digital Camera with Batteries/Charger, and plenty of storage
- Dry-bag for keeping personal items protected from rain while on boat
- Layered Clothing (you can always remove a layer if it’s too hot)
- Warm Socks & Boots (waterproof boots are great if it rains)
- Rain Gear (jacket and pants)
- Gloves & Hat (beanie caps)
- Long Underwear (helps on the cooler days)
- Long-sleeve T’s & Hooded Sweatshirt
- Warn Pants & Jacket (sweat pants and a thick jacket work well)
- Waders (especially for those fly-fishing, otherwise OPTIONAL)
- Sun Block (it can be sunny and warm here for nearly 20 hours a day at times)
- Plane Tickets & Itinerary
- Bug Spray (This is Alaska and there are mosquitoes)
- Personal Toothbrush/Toothpaste & any Medications
- Credit Card and Cash (for tips and Lodge store purchases)